Friday 25 November 2011

a blank canvas...

I keep surprising myself with bouts of positivity these days. It feels unusual for me...and I kinda like it...

On paper, I'm unemployed. Unemployed and watching the news about the lack of jobs and unemployment rates being worryingly high...
On paper.

In reality, I am genuinely excited about what is ahead. Looking forward, thinking big, not stressing all that much about l.i.f.e.

These are all new feelings for me; I keep surprising myself, I keep enjoying the feeling.

A blank canvas.

Painting the flat has provided me with a neat metaphor for my life right now. A blue room is now white. The walls are - currently - stark and bare. Waiting for pictures to be hung. Waiting for marks to be made. Blank. Bare. Anything could happen...

It might be a cheesy metaphor but it is working for me. Whilst my life is hardly a blank canvas entirely, with experience and lessons learned, right now at this moment, I am just waiting to try something on.

And I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment