Friday 4 November 2011

There's something in the air...

Ooooops.
And three weeks passed without me being here. Unintentional, and there has been plenty going on. Well, I say plenty; there has been plenty of thoughts floating around my head, but I haven't necessarily done anything about them.

I've been to Skye a few times which has been fantastic. Some wonderful people, some crazy weather, and some fabulous sights. I've seen more sheep than I wanted, but also highland coos, seals, mice, stoats, black guillemots, and lots of other exciting creatures.

The Skye air helps clear my head but it also fills it with so much. I found myself sitting on a rock out at Neist Point (the most westerly place on the island) on Tuesday, being battered by the wind and watching the waves crash off the rocks. There was nobody else in my line of vision; only more rocks, the sea, the sun setting, and a glimpse of the Uists in the distance. Wonderful stuff, and I felt happy.

But I had to drag myself away. It wasn't my time - I was there to work. I had a lovely group of passengers on my tour with me. Six people who were all very chilled out and happy with whatever I showed them. But again, it was work for me. It was not my time, it was not the real me.

There is change swirling like mist around me. Sometimes it embraces me. Sometimes it terrifies me. Change can be a good thing, a bad thing, a blessing, a curse. I have no idea what kind of change this is but it mostly feels okay. Maybe I need to go with it, to learn to move with the winds of change, to let it encircle me, to surround me, to take me to new places...

Change.

No comments:

Post a Comment