Monday 27 February 2012

Anxiety Levels: Low

The thing I am most anxious about at this very moment in time is the fact that I am not keeping up with my blog! And whilst I should be doing better at that, I can't help but think....if that's what I'm most anxious about, I'm doing pretty well!!

Things have really come together in the past few weeks. Since the start of the year really. I'm just a lot more comfortable with myself these days. This is in such contrast to this time last year; when I was really struggling to like myself and where I was. Being in a constant state of anxiety was extremely draining, and not healthy. I am prone to anxious thinking and so I do not believe I'll ever be "cured" of this...but getting it under control has been a battle. I almost wrote 'a year-long battle' but I know myself that this battle has been silently fought for many years now.

Getting it under control has been a huge achievement for me. I am very proud of where I've got to. And...as I mentioned in the previous post...things are going great in my work life. I'm now into my second week in my new job, and I am greatly enjoying what I am doing. It is thought-provoking, challenging, productive, and exciting.

So my anxiety levels are pretty low, I have to say. It is all very good.

I am missing my walking and so I'm really champing at the bit for spring to come so I can get out there. And when I do, rest assured, I will get blogging again. But in the meantime, it is nice to be able to say - I'm just not that anxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment