Saturday 1 December 2012

December 1st, 2012

I am quite disappointed in myself that I didn't manage to get another blog post in for November. I haven't managed to get out on another proper walk since the braw walk in the Borders a few weeks ago. Last weekend Dave and I spent two days in a row walking along the canal - an old favourite and a walk I used to take almost every day. I find it quite cathartic and it helps me get my thoughts in order. It was nice to get out there again last week.

Aside from that, I've been choked up with the winter cold that's going around, and I've had two teeth wrenched out. I've watched the Scotland rugby team go from okay-ish to not so good. I've got frustrated and disappointed with myself far more frequently than I have for a while ... and to counter that, I've started making 'resolutions' for next year. Not your average 'drink less, eat less, broken by the 7th of January' resolutions - they never last! Dave and I started this year determined not to eat carbs...we did well for a while - if you count spaghetti bolognase with spinach instead of spaghetti as doing well - but the carbs slowly but surely crept back in to our lives without us even realising.

This resolutions, plans, hopes are about bettering myself. They may seem small and insignificant to others but to me they are important, achievable, pushing me from my comfort zone, taking me places, driving me towards my goals.

There are changes that have to be made. Things I need to do. Places I want to go. Blog posts I yearn to write!

I know what I have to do and I know what has to be done. I'll keep you posted as I make my journey and I hope the progress will be measurable in many ways by this time next year.

I'll post again before the end of the year, but rest assured the Anxious Ambler is diving straight in to what the future holds...


No comments:

Post a Comment