Sunday 30 December 2012

Festive ambles

This week has been a lazy but rewarding week, full of festivity and fun! A much needed week to recover from everything that came before, to take stock of what is important, and to recharge the batteries.

There has been some much needed fresh air too. Christmas Day brought what is fast becoming a yearly tradition - a one club golf challenge with the brothers. Boxing Day came complete with a short but nice walk from Carlops to West Linton and round the golf course with Rossco.



Dave and I then headed to Balado where the weather seemed determined to thwart our plans - but we still managed 8 miles round Loch Leven. I look forward to returning when the whole trail, 13 miles, is complete. And perhaps on a day when we're not getting completed battered by wind and rain!!




Dave captioned this photo 'Fifty Shades of Grey'

Exactly what we needed at the end!
It must have been the fresh air (it can't have been the wine) but I passed out later that night around 9pm and needed another walk the next day to recover!

Dave and I set off to Crook of Devon and took a lovely - if a bit wet - walk to Rumbling Bridge. My phone gave up on me after only one photo, but the river Devon was in full flow.


It has been so nice to get out and about, for short bursts of activity - nothing too strenuous. I'm filled with thoughts and plans for next year, walks to be had and Munros to be conquered. But for now, I'm thankful for where I am and what I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment