Sunday 3 February 2013

A quieter weekend

After the exhaustion of last weekend's winter skills course, I had no plans to have an active weekend this weekend. I felt tired most of the week, and got soaked at least twice walking home from work. After a night at the pub on Friday and a day of rugby on Saturday I was feeling the fatigue this morning. My tonsils are a bit swollen and I'm worried I'm coming down with something...

However I'm also aware I need to get out and about as much as possible in the coming weekends - I need to up my mileage in preparation for my first ever long distance trail.

Dave and I decided to take a walk 'around the block'. I wanted to test out a pair of trainers and see how they coped with some pavement pounding. We walked up Colinton Road to Oxgangs, along to Fairmilehead and down Morningside Road back to our flat. We walked for two hours, and I struggled. My trainers were fine so that was good, but I was hot and cold, my broken internal thermostat giving me real problems. I wasn't very happy and feeling sorry for myself.

Once we turned for home and were heading downhill towards Morningside I was feeling a bit better. Once we were home I was tired and I think my body is fighting something off. I can only hope that this week I can shake it off, feel a bit better and get some more miles under my belt next weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment