Monday 11 March 2013

The snow is back!

Those beautiful blue sky days seem like a distant memory now...we should've known that Spring hadn't quite sprung yet and the typical Scottish weather has proved as unpredictable as ever.

With less than 2 weeks to go until I start the West Highland Way (eek!) I've got pretty much everything in place. Apart from my head that is - not sure I'm quite in the zone yet. The earache that began last weekend continues and I think it might well be an infection of some sort Having not had time to get to the doctor, I've been dunking my head in bowls of hot water and Olbas oil and hoping for the best.

That, and the rugby, stopped me getting out for a 'proper' walk this weekend. However I enjoyed a six mile stroll in Kinross-shire with Dave, the outlaws and Toffee the dog. It was really nice to get out, the weather changing every 5 minutes from sunshine to snow showers.

My 'training' continues with the walks to work, and I hope to get some form of exercise on Arran this weekend. Fingers crossed for some decent weather!









No comments:

Post a Comment