Thursday 13 November 2014

A local stroll...

On Monday of this week, I started a new chapter of my life. I have taken a big leap into the unknown, and a new step on the continued journey to happiness. I am very hopeful and excited about this new chapter, but if you know anything about me, you'll know that there is a lot of anxiety wrapped up in this too.

What I also have now is time. Time to be me, time to discover what it is I need to make me happy, time to explore new opportunities and adventures. It is rather exciting - if terrifying at the same time!

One thing I definitely would like to work on is my fitness - or lack thereof. I have a few challenges in mind for 2015 that would require a higher level of physical fitness than I currently have. Step one is fairly simple - walk more. I haven't walked nearly as much as I would have liked to this year.

I literally started my new chapter with step one. I walked, as fast as I could, to the next village from mine and back again. It's not a massively exciting walk, but its simplicity is very appealing. The surrounding countryside is delightful, and there are varied sights and sounds - from friendly sheep to the progress of the Borders Railway.
a foggy start...

the fog starts to lift...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

All in all, it is 8.5 miles and on Monday I walked it in 2.5 hours. I struggled in the first few miles, but found the last few miles easier. And I was exhausted when I was done.

Later that day, Dave and I began circuit training in the park. Let's just say I think I overdid it on Day One. I was exhausted on Day Two and Day Three, and not up to much at all. I think I need to ease myself in a bit more gently...

And what a great metaphor for life that is. I am in control of what happens next, but rather than rushing in and trying to do everything all at once, I need to take a step back, let nature take its course, and let what will be...be.

And write about it too... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment