Sunday 22 December 2019

Running again!

I actually don't know where the last two months have gone since I last blogged (I don't know where the last six months have gone since I had a baby to be honest!!) but I'm delighted to say that I have - tentatively - started running again!

I've run three parkruns post-baby; Loch Leven, Lochore and Vogrie, and I've done a couple of very short runs in Stow. It has felt incredibly difficult, and has made me wonder how I ever managed to run more than three miles in one go! However it has also felt incredibly liberating, and I've felt like 'me' again for the first time in ages.
Loch Leven parkrun

Vogrie parkrun
Sadly it has been a couple of weeks since my last run, which is frustrating because I'd got into a habit of one a week up until recently. I've been floored by a nasty cold and several sleepless nights have prevented my recovery. Hopefully it is all out of the way before Christmas and I can maybe get one more run - maybe a parkrun! - in by the end of 2019.

I have some big running goals for 2020 and I've no idea if they are achievable or not! I'm learning to not plan too far ahead as life is very unpredictable with a baby.

I would like to attempt some buggy running in early 2020 - a daunting thought, but I'm hopeful it will give me more of that feeling of freedom, as well as quality time with my daughter. After all, she should be used to the motion after all those pregnant runs! Maybe in the not-so-distant future parkrun will be back on my weekly agenda...

This is likely to be my last blog post of 2019 with the way things are just now, but hopefully I'll manage my 2019 review post in early January.

Wishing all my lovely readers and followers a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment